June 10, 2011

Happy Bird!

Although it has been many months since I have reached out and written in this blog...it has always been there resting in my heart...life is always about finding balance or for myself..maybe it is about finding the quiet time...to be still long enough to be within myself.

A bird does not sing
because it has an answer.
It sings because it has a song.
Chinese Proverb

Happy Birdone of my May Classes...when designing this piece, I wanted to create  a free standing piece with the look of feathers using fabric. I thought about this only for a moment when I realized the frayed edge of the fabric IS feathers!
And so came Happy Bird!

 Happy Bird stands about 
6-inches to the head and 8-inches to the tail.

Class Birds:




 
 My husband, Mark, has always told me this saying..

The early bird gets the worm.
If you are a bird, be an early bird. 
But if you are a worm- sleep late!